Friday, May 10, 2013

With the release of my first two scripts, I've come to the realization that I can accomplish a lot more in my game project the better I get at scripting. Adding my own custom logo screen to my game gave me a deep sense of pride. Currently I'm building a new menu system which is slow in the making since I still need to look up certain keyword meaning and functions constantly (granted not as much as I used to). The menu system will be called: DKP Menu Ace. Its not going to be like most menu system scripts. It has all its own graphics and unlike other menu scripts doesn't just change the command window. Its a complete menu system overhaul including all scenes. Items, Equip, Status, Skills, Quest journal, encyclopedia All animated and Icons for the names of items, stats, etc... Also will have the options to display custom colors for Item names like if you wanted to change the color for quality and will be able to display a custom picture for the items. All the graphics draw from custom folders as well with my cachext script v2(new features included) which I haven't released yet. The reason I did this was as to not clutter up the system graphics folder so for people like me who have a lot of custom character sprites and pictures, backgrounds, etc... you won't have to scroll down for ever in the editor to find something. it just makes it easier for me. The menu system also is configurable to add your own scenes and commands and has the option to disable the ones I've placed.

A long with all that I'm also working on upgraded logo script that uses a bunch of .png images to animate the logo. Sounds like a lot to take on and it probably is but since I'm getting used to scripting now its actually pretty fun to do.


Winds of Fate is almost ready for a demo release. I haven't posted screens for it yet but I will get around to it. Its an Action rpg using the XAS action system and Features a solitary character along with a pet "Ala" Azure dreams style tower crawler. Expandable player home and all. I've almost got the pet working as a combat partner though I'm still having issues with it that I am trying to figure out. I'll release pics in a few days when I have the time.

Anyways thats all for now. Just updating on my current projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment